"Egypt is not a country we live in but a country that lives within us."
Pope Shenouda III
Long known as 'the gift of the Nile,' Egypt is historically mesmerising, culturally rich and famous for excellent hospitality. The jewel in Egypt's ancient crown is undoubtedly the Pyramids of Giza, which have rendered visitors awestruck for many centuries. Their impressive size and longevity is still widening eyes today. Bustling Cairo is one of the Arabic world's great cities, tempting travellers to linger with its tangible history, vibrant street life, bazaars piled with exotic goods, and fabulous food scene. Get to know Egypt's diversity with a Nile cruise to visit Luxor's beautiful temples, a desert experience or a revitalising stay on the Red Sea coast.
Our trusted local experts in Egypt
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Egypt
Lesser known highlights in Egypt
Best time to go to Egypt
Interesting facts about Egypt
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Egypt entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.