It may be a small country, but sand-strewn Jordan is big on appeal.
It may be a small country, but Jordan is big on appeal. Relics of bygone civilisations and the stark beauty of the desert landscapes combine to make a truly awe-inspiring destination. This is a country where a true sense of biblical history and traditional customs mingle with an enticing and welcoming contemporary culture. The breathtaking natural scenery is also a major draw. From the russet cliffs of Wadi Rum and the white salt deposits of the Dead Sea, to the green hills of Ajloun forest and the sparkling turquoise of the Red Sea, there’s natural drama at every turn. The rosy jewel in Jordan’s crown is undoubtedly Petra, the ancient Nabatean capital of astonishing grace, hewn from the rippled reddish rock so long ago and still possessing a haunting beauty rarely matched anywhere.
Our trusted local experts in Jordan
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Jordan
Lesser-known things to do in Jordan
When is the best time to visit Jordan?
Interesting facts about Jordan
Insider tips from our local experts
What to read before you go to Jordan
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Jordan entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.