Impossible to pin down, India awakens the senses like no other place on earth.
India effervesces with life. Expect to be dazzled, overwhelmed, impressed, inspired and baffled - sometimes all at once. Yes, culture shock is inevitable, but the rewards are superlative. Teeming cities are scattered with historic relics yet buzz with modernity, monuments loom from misty riverbanks and you feel the tropics pulling you south at the same time as icy peaks tempt you northwards. Really, words can't even begin to summarise this sub-continent of over one billion people, so our advice is just go and experience it. See, hear, taste, smell for yourself that India, in all her beguiling, bewildering complexity, defies description.
Our trusted local experts in India
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in India
Lesser-known things to do in India
When is the best time to go to India?
Interesting facts about India
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
What to read before you go to India
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in India entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.