A nature documentary brought to life beneath a beating African sun.
Welcome to Tanzania, a land of extremes. Hike to Africa’s highest point - the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro and dive to the lowest - the floor of African Great Lake Tanganyika, or explore an effervescent blend of cultures and languages. Over one hundred tribes call Tanzania home including the Maasai, whose famous red robes and warrior culture inspire awe in so many. Then there’s the wildlife. As well as the pull of sighting the majestic Big Five in the wild, the Great Migration is one of the most thrilling spectacles in Africa.
Our trusted local experts in Tanzania
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
The top things to do in Tanzania
Lesser-known things to do in Tanzania
When is the best time to visit Tanzania?
Top tip from our trusted local experts
Interesting facts about Tanzania
What to read before you go to Tanzania
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Tanzania entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.