Far-flung Peru conjures up evocative images of ancient cities, lonely mountains and all the drama of a once-mighty civilisation.
The jewel in the crown of Peru’s historical treasures has to be the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu, high in the Andes Mountains. But there’s much more to discover, from the northern city of Chan Chan, the largest pre-Colombian city in the Americas, to the puzzling Nazca lines etched in the desert floor further south. Putting history to one side, Peru encompasses a huge swathe of Amazon Rainforest where you’ll encounter a dizzying array of wildlife. Head high to experience the otherworldly landscapes around Lake Titicaca, or hit the capital city Lima to make the most of Peru’s cutting-edge restaurant scene.
Our trusted local experts in Peru
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Peru
Lesser-known things to do in Peru
When is the best time to go to Peru?
Interesting facts about Peru
What to read before you go to Peru
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Peru entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.