Elemental Chile inspires wonder at every turn, from the vast icy reaches of Patagonia to the jaw dropping star fields of the Atacama.
A narrow ribbon of a country unfurling a staggering 4300km along South America’s western coast, Chile is a land of vivid extremes. From arid desert to subtropical rainforest, high-altitude salt plains to vast glacial fields and fjords, the power of nature is tangible here. The warmer north encompasses the Atacama Desert and the llama herders of the Andean highlands, the centre features broad pampas and wineries, while the south is scattered with cool forests, volcanoes and lakes. Route Seven winds its way through rural Patagonia, taking in jagged Andean peaks, rolling pastures, and the spectacular southern fjordland.
Our trusted local experts in Chile
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Chile
Lesser-known things to do in Chile
When is the best time to go to Chile?
Interesting facts about Chile
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
What to read before you go to Chile?
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Chile entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.