An unpolished gem waiting to be discovered, Sudan is an intrepid traveller’s delight.
Enjoy wandering the laid back capital’s riverside streets or lose yourself in one of Africa’s largest markets at Omdurman, where you can also witness Sufi whirling dervishes on their weekly spiritual communion. Archaeological treasures abound in Sudan, from the incredible pyramids of Meroë to what is believed to be the oldest man-made structure in sub-Saharan Africa at Kerma. The Red Sea coast appeals to divers who enjoy the pristine reefs and huge variety of fish, but as yet it is relatively unknown and the number of visitors is still minimal.
Our trusted local experts in Sudan
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Best things to do in Sudan
Lesser known highlights in Sudan
Best time to visit Sudan
Interesting facts about Sudan
What to read before you go to Sudan
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Sudan entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.