Discover raw beauty in the land of ice and fire.
Sitting on a geological fault, Iceland is the tinderbox of Europe - a place where the earth is slowly tearing apart revealing its inner workings. Primeval landscapes dotted with volcanoes and scoured by glaciers periodically belch out boiling steam, hot springs, and lava. Pinned to the extremities of this wild isle are the capital, Reykjavik, a few small towns, and little else in the way of human imposition. In summer, hike or bike through flower-strewn meadows in the shadow of hulking peaks, paddle across fiords or whale watch by the light of the midnight sun. In winter, the icy landscapes and northern lights beckon. If it's wild you want, you’ve found it.
Our trusted local experts in Iceland
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top three things to do in Iceland
Lesser-known things to do in Iceland
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
When is the best time to go to Iceland?
Interesting facts about Iceland
What to read before you go to Iceland
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Iceland entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.