Bridging the gap between continents and oceans, little Panama has played an important role on the world stage.
It may be small, but Panama draws the line between South and Central America, and welcomes both the Caribbean and Pacific oceans to her balmy shores. The Darian National Park forms a lush jungle border with Colombia in the south, while the forests of the north are entwined with those of Costa Rica. Between, there are mountains, tropical wildernesses, forests and beaches, all populated by the welcoming Panamanian people. Despite this breadth of experiences, Panama is compact, and you can take in wildlife, cloud forests, beaches, indigenous cultures and the gloss of Panama City, all within one trip.
Our trusted local experts in Panama
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Panama
Lesser known things to do in Panama
When is the best time to visit Panama?
Interesting facts about Panama
What to read before you go to Panama
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Panama entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.