Humanity has ebbed and flowed along the Silk Road for centuries, leaving layers of intrigue in its wake.
Uzbekistan is Central Asia's crowning glory, where stirring remnants of long-vanished empires pepper the land. World class architectural gems jostle shoulder to shoulder in the timeworn Silk Road staging posts of Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva, transporting you back to the days of camel caravans and mercantile journeys across the desert. Marvel at ancient monuments topped with azure domes and at the hypnotic patterns of the ubiquitous ceramic art which adorns monuments all over the country. Delve into vibrant bazaars, enjoy delicious meals and bask in the warmth of the Uzbek welcome.
Our trusted local experts in Uzbekistan
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Uzbekistan
Lesser-known things to do in Uzbekistan
When is the best time to go to Uzbekistan?
Interesting facts about Uzbekistan
What to read before you go to Uzbekistan
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Uzbekistan entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.