Whether searching for a sun lounger or an indigenous tribe, you will find it in this super-sized archipelago.
With over 17,000 islands spanning more than 5,000 kilometres populated by nearly 250 million people speaking 500 languages, Indonesia has enough travel experiences to keep the curious visitor busy for decades. Due to the unusually dramatic geology that created these islands, Indonesia can offer beach flopping, volcano climbing, wildlife spotting and temple touring in the space of a single day. Hedonists will delight in the party vibe of the major resorts, but equally there is ample opportunity for the intrepid to test their mettle in some of the farthest flung corners of civilisation. This vast and enthralling country has something for everyone, and our trusted local experts can show you the best of it!
Our trusted local experts in Indonesia
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Indonesia
Lesser-known things to do in Indonesia
When is the best time to visit Indonesia?
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
Interesting facts about Indonesia
What to read before you go to Indonesia
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Indonesia entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.