Colourful markets vie with rich wildlife and a fascinating history for your attention. Where will you go first?
Ghana is a country of smiles. The sense of humour of the Ghanaian people is legendary and they greet life’s bittersweet twists and turns with a full heart and a cheery shrug. The hierarchical tribal society respects religious convention and ethnic heritage and is consequently rich in tradition and ceremony - it’s well worth seeking out a local festival for the overload of colour and sound. This is a land of green hills, savannah, tropical forests and golden beaches which has its arms wide open waiting to welcome you with warmth and beauty.
Our trusted local experts in Ghana
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Ghana
Lesser known things to do in Ghana
When is the best time to go to Ghana?
Interesting facts about Ghana
Insider tips from our local experts
What to read before you go to Ghana
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Ghana entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.