Surrender to the charms of classic Arabia
Encompassing the green heights of the Jebel Akhdar, the fortresses and minarets of the valley floor and the serene fjords of Musandam, Oman will charm your socks off. A strong national identity and local pride translates to a great welcome for visitors, and whether you choose to dune-bash in the Rub Al Khali desert, wander the shady date plantations surrounding a jumbled hill village or explore one of the many Wadis, the variety on offer in this laid back country makes it ideal for culture buffs, divers, hikers, wildlife-watchers, beach bums and shoppers alike.
Our trusted local experts in Oman
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Oman
Lesser-known things to do in Oman
When is the best time to go to Oman?
Interesting facts about Oman
What to read before you go to Oman
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Oman entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.