Seek out some solitude in soul-stirring Nicaragua.
Scattered with volcanoes and lakes, Nicaragua's myriad natural glories are evidence of a land that is unable to keep still and, like the culture, is full of colour and life. Seismic activity is par for the course in a country criss-crossed with fault lines. Although this accounts for the lack of enduring historic artefacts, it also creates volcanoes to clamber up, productive soil for agriculture and an ever-interesting horizon. This adventurous landscape is also fringed with pristine beaches of white sand and aquamarine waters... And the real beauty of this bounteous country is that you may find you have much of it to yourself.
Our trusted local experts in Nicaragua
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Nicaragua
Lesser-known things to do in Nicaragua
When is the best time to visit Nicaragua?
Interesting facts about Nicaragua
What to read before you go to Nicaragua
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Nicaragua entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.