From its wildlife to its people, Guatemala lives life in full-colour
This mountainous land, swathed in pristine rainforests and steeped in ancient Mayan culture is a joy to discover. Mysterious abandoned cities lie tangled amongst the jungles of the north, while colonial architecture adorns the country’s cities and towns. Indigenous highland villages retain their Mayan roots with rainbow-hued fabrics and fascinating religious rituals. It is this cultural mix that makes Guatemala so exciting. Natural beauty abounds too, with soaring mountains and volcanoes, rushing rivers, wide lakes and deep caves. Guatemala also boasts a Pacific coast, as well as its own little corner of the Caribbean.
Our trusted local experts in Guatemala
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top things to do in Guatemala
Lesser-known things to do in Guatemala
When is the best time to go to Guatemala?
Interesting facts about Guatemala
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
What to read before you go to Guatemala
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Guatemala entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.