If you have a head for heights, the mountain kingdom of Kyrgyzstan is calling your name.
Kyrgyzstan is a masterclass in natural beauty. Known as ‘The Alps of Central Asia,’ this craggy little country more than lives up to its moniker. Blessed with an abundance of mountains, pine forests, lakes, rivers and impressive glaciers, there’s no shortage of eye-popping scenery. Outdoor action is the major draw: hikes or horse treks among untouched alpine meadows and peaks to isolated yurt settlements or sparkling lakes are the undisputed highlight of any trip. Kyrgyzstan is a proud trailblazer at turning tourism into a force for good at a local level, with thriving homestays and community tourism projects scattered throughout the nation.
Our trusted local experts in Kyrgyzstan
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top four things to do in Kyrgyzstan
Lesser-known things to do in Kyrgyzstan
When is the best time to go to Kyrgyzstan?
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
Interesting facts about Kyrgyzstan
What to read before you go to Kyrgyzstan
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Kyrgyzstan entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.