Encounter the classic safari Big Five, plus one more important resident…
Fully emerged from the dark shadow of its past, Rwanda’s diverse and beautiful landscapes tempt visitors with a fantastic array of wildlife and adventure. One of the main draws of this tiny country is a visit to the endangered Silverback Mountain Gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park – an incredible experience not to be missed. There’s much more to explore under these African skies, from the capital of Kigali to the sandy shores of Lake Kivu. Rwanda’s rolling patchwork of hills make for some great cycling and hiking terrain, while a string of volcanoes rise up in the north and rainforests shelter bountiful wildlife.
Our trusted local experts in Rwanda
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top three things to do in Rwanda
Lesser-known things to do in Rwanda
When is the best time to go to Rwanda?
Interesting facts about Rwanda
What to read before you go to Rwanda
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Rwanda entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.