Madagascar is so unique you might call it the eighth continent
Adrift in the Indian Ocean after separating from Asia and Africa in the time of the dinosaurs, Madagascar has evolved quite separately. Eighty percent of the nation’s flora and fauna are found nowhere else on Earth and the culture is equally inimitable. The Malagasy people began to arrive just 2000 years ago, and have developed their own language and fascinating spiritual traditions. Those who like to journey off the beaten track will delight in Madagascar’s authenticity. Tourism levels are low and the country is large. Explore golden beaches and rich forests with a glorious sense of the untouched.
Our trusted local experts in Madagascar
- We handpick only the very best local travel companies
- They live and work in your destination and know it better than any remotely-based agency
- So you have the most up to date local knowledge at your disposal
Top three things to do in Madagascar
Lesser-known things to do in Madagascar
When is the best time to go to Madagascar?
Insider tips from our trusted local experts
Interesting facts about Madagascar
What to read before you go to Madagascar
- 96% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend
- The TravelLocal community is 18,000 strong
- We've hosted travellers from over 34 countries worldwide
"Local knowledge does
make the difference!
Want to go?Plan my trip
Read all about it
Do you already have an idea of what your dream holiday in Madagascar entails? Whether you're ready to book or would like your ideas to be fined-tuned into something more, send an enquiry and our trusted local experts will design your perfect tailor-made holiday.