Colombia is celebrated for its coffee and thriving cosmopolitan culture, but there is little recognition for its incredible coastlines. This 10 day itinerary takes you through Bogota, Cartagena and the Cocora Valley (a coffee capital, if you will). The trip ends at the Caribbean coast, where you can explore hidden beaches that hug the rim of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountains. They are the tallest coastal mountains in the world, and home to a dense web of rainforest, wildlife and remote indigenous communities.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Bogotá Airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Bogotá before your winter sun tour
- Explore the Plazoleta del Chorro de Quevedo
- Visit the Museo Del Oro
- Ascend Cerro de Monserrate
- Transfer from Bogotá to the Airport
- Domestic flight from Bogotá to Armenia
- Transfer from Armenia airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Hacienda Combia
- Visit a coffee hacienda
- Explore the town of Salento
- Visit the Valle de Cocora
- Transfer from Armenia to the Airport
- Domestic flight from Armenia to Cartagena
- Transfer from Cartagena airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Cartagena
- Rosario Island day tour
- Ascend Cerro de la Popa
- Explore San Felipe Castle
- Wander the cobbled streets of Old Town
- Transfer from Cartagena to Palomino
- At leisure in Palomino
- Further time at leisure in Palomino
- Transfer from Palomino to Cartagena
- Transfer from Cartagena to the Airport
- Domestic flight from Cartagena to Bogotá
Equatorial proximity ensures consistent temperatures, although the diversity of landscape means that there is climatic variation depending on location. The most reliably dry season throughout the country runs from December to March, which is also a busy period for festivals and celebrations. Domestic tourism is a force to be reckoned with in Colombia, so if you wish to time your visit to coincide with any of the major events or national holidays (particularly Christmas and Easter) it would be wise to plan ahead.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more