Discover the verdant coffee region in central Colombia. Visit a traditional hacienda, try the famous arabica brew, ride a Willys jeep through bamboo forests and Quindio mountains, and climb on horseback to the tallest palm trees in the world, the Quindio wax palm. Explore the mysterious legacy of the pre-Colombian cultures that lived in the mountain valleys, their beastial and psychedelic monumental sculpture, and their intricate underground burial chambers. Cross through the dramatic Taracoa desert, and explore the colourful capital Bogotá.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Bogotá Airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Bogotá
- Explore the Plazoleta del Chorro de Quevedo
- Visit the Museo Del Oro
- Ascend Cerro de Monserrate
- Domestic flight from Bogotá to Popayán
- Transfer from Popayán airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Popayán
- Silvia Market
- Transfer from Popayán to Tierradentro
- Venture into the ancient tombs of Tierradentro
- Transfer from Tierradentro to San Agustin
- Visit the archaeological park Alto de los Ídolos
- Visit the Alto de las Piedras
- Transfer from San Agustin to Neiva Airport
- Pass through Tatacoa Desert
- Domestic flight from Neiva to Armenia
- Transfer from Armenia airport to your hotel
- Explore the town of Salento
- Visit the Valle de Cocora
- Coffee villages tour in the Quindío Mountains
- Transfer from Armenia to the Airport
- Domestic flight from Armenia to Bogotá
Equatorial proximity ensures consistent temperatures, although the diversity of landscape means that there is climatic variation depending on location. The most reliably dry season throughout the country runs from December to March, which is also a busy period for festivals and celebrations. Domestic tourism is a force to be reckoned with in Colombia, so if you wish to time your visit to coincide with any of the major events or national holidays (particularly Christmas and Easter) it would be wise to plan ahead.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more