Travelling on the Trans-Siberian (or more accurately the Trans-Mongolian) railway? This short trip is perfect if you want a stopover in Mongolia. Get beyond Ulaan Baatar and out into the countryside to see the real Mongolia - spend time in Khustaii National Park with a nomad family who will teach you about traditional nomadic lifestyles.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Ulaan Baatar to Bayansonginot nomad community
- Experience nomadic life
- Transfer from Khustaii Nuruu National Park to Khogno Khan Mountain
- Explore around Khogno Khan National Reserve
- Optional camel riding in Khogno Khan
- Transfer from Khogno Khan Mountain to Karakorum
- Visit Erdene Zuu monastery
- Visit Karakorum's Historical Museum
- Transfer from Tsenkher hot spring to the White Lake
- Visit Khustaii National Park
- Transfer from Amarbayasgalant to Ulaan Baatar
- Transfer to Ulaan Baatar's train station
June, July and August offer the warmest weather and as it is high season, services for travellers will be in full swing. The pleasant summer temperatures bring the chance of a shower, so come prepared. The shoulder months of May and September will be drier, cooler and quieter. The mid continental position of Mongolia creates quite an extreme climate and winters can be cold and snowy enough to cause interruptions to transport. July brings the festival of Naadam, a huge event in the Mongolian calendar, so book transport and accommodation early for visits that coincide.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more