Travelling around Sumatra is a real adventure. Encounter animals in the national park of Gunung Leuser, walk through impressive canyons and valleys, and meet indigenous tribes that still uphold their traditional customs. From jungle forests to quaint mountain villages, Sumatra has it all.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival Medan, transfer hotel
- At leisure in Medan
- Medan city tour
- Transfer from Medan - Bohorok
- Bohorok, jungle walk 2 hours
- Transfer Bohorok - Tangkahan by Jeep
- Tangkahan, elephant washing
- Transfer from Tangkahan to Brastagi
- At leisure in Brastagi
- Transfer Brastagi to Samosir, with stops in Karo Batak land and Toba Batak land
- Samosir and its surroundings walk
- At leisure in Samosir
- Transfer Samosir - Sipirok
- At leisure in Sipirok
- Transfer Sipirok - Bukittinggi
- At leisure in Bukittinggi
- Bukittinggi, canyon walk
- Padang dinner at a local home
- Bukittinggi bicycle trip
- Transfer Bukittinggi - Harau with stops Minangkabauland
- Harau, cooking class and walk valley
- Transfer Harau - Padang
- At leisure in Padang.
- At leisure in Padang
- Transfer Padang - airport
Strung along the equatorial region, the islands of Indonesia enjoy a pretty consistent level of heat and humidity all year round. Theoretically the wetter season runs from November to April, with rainfall highest in January, but the tropical climate can deliver downpours at more or less any time of year. It is worth factoring Ramadan (when much of the country will be affected by closures) and Christmas (higher prices and lower availability) into your holiday plans.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more