This off-the-beaten-track trip introduces you to the Dayak people and orangutans in Kalimantan. Spot orangutans and proboscis monkeys during a relaxed three-day boat trip in Tanjung Puting. See how people live on the river and visit the colourful floating market. Visit the diamond mines and swimming water buffalo. Visit villages in Loksado and take a bamboo raft down the river.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival Jakarta, transfer hotel by shuttle bus
- At leisure in Jakarta before trip to Kalimantan -
- Transfer to Jakarta airport by shuttle bus
- Flight Jakarta to Pangkalanbun
- Transfer from Pangkalanbun to Kumai
- From Kumai to Tanjung Puting by klotok
- Discuss your plans on the way to Tanjung Puting
- Exploring Tanjung Puting
- A second day exploring Tanjung Puting
- From Tanjung Puting to Kumai
- Transfer Kumai to Pangkalanbun
- Flight from Pangkalanbun to Banjarmasin
- Arrival Banjarmasin, transfer to hotel via diamond mines
- Banjarmasin canal tour
- Visit floating market, Banjarmasin
- Transfer Banjarmasin - Loksado, visit the buffaloes of Negara
- Walks surrounding Loksado
- Transfer Loksado to Banjarmasin by bamboo raft and car
- Transfer Banjarmasin airport
Strung along the equatorial region, the islands of Indonesia enjoy a pretty consistent level of heat and humidity all year round. Theoretically the wetter season runs from November to April, with rainfall highest in January, but the tropical climate can deliver downpours at more or less any time of year. It is worth factoring Ramadan (when much of the country will be affected by closures) and Christmas (higher prices and lower availability) into your holiday plans.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more