This self-drive culinary tour will tickle your taste buds as your explore the best of food and wine hotspots in South Africa. Start in the atmospheric capital, Cape Town, often cited as one of the best foodie cities in the world, where you can try local cuisine within viewpoint of stunning Table Mountain. Drive to gourmet capital, Franschhoek, to try delicious, locally-made wine sourced from the picturesque vineyards which surround the town and shop in artisan's markets. Finish in Hermanus, to breathe the sea air, spot whales off the coast, and indulge in - you guessed it - more lip-smacking food and wine.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Self-drive from Cape Town Airport to your guest house
- Have dinner at La Colombe Restaurant
- Ascend Table Mountain
- Explore Kirstenbosch National Botanic Gardens
- Lunch or dinner at Chef's Warehouse
- Self-drive tour of the Cape of Good Hope, with a visit to Klein Constantia Wine Farms
- Visit Robben Island
- Explore the V & A Waterfront
- Self-drive from Cape Town to Franschhoek
- Fine dining in Franschhoek
- Wine-tasting in Franschhoek
- Another day at leisure in Franschhoek
- Morning at leisure in Franschhoek
- Self-drive from Franschhoek to Hermanus
- Whale watching from the cliffs of Hermanus
- Dinner at Col'cacchio
- Guided wine tour in Hermanus
- Whale-watching boat tour in Hermanus
- Self-drive from Hermanus to Cape Town International Airport
Weather tendencies in South Africa vary considerably by region. Visitors to Cape Town will wish to avoid May to July, the wet winter months, and target August to October, when the spectacular flowers of Namaqualand bloom. Beach lovers can visit Durban or the KwaZulu-Natal region year-round (quieter in winter), but game watchers may prefer a winter visit when minimal rainfall draws animals to watering holes, making for excellent viewing.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company,... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few t... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customer... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your de... show more