With 8 of these 14 days spent inside world-famous game reserves, this self-drive tour is guaranteed to produce incredible wildlife sightings and leave you with spectacular memories of South Africa. You will visit the biggest and most popular game reserve in the country, Kruger National Park; and indulge in a luxurious safari experience at Sabi Sands, a premier private game reserve and world renowned leopard hotspot. During this trip you will also discover the astonishing landscapes and breathtaking views along the Panorama Route, arguably South Africa's most scenic self-drive route. Added to this is a sprinkle of culture and insight into the fascinating history of this incredibly diverse country; your South African experience is complete! Read on and see why you should book this tour.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Johannesburg airport to guest house
- At leisure in Johannesburg
- Visit the Apartheid Museum
- Bike tour of Soweto Township
- Full day excursion from guest house
- Transfer from guest house to Johannesburg Airport
- Self-drive from Johannesburg Airport to Kruger National Park
- Afternoon safari in Kruger National Park
- Self-drive safari in Kruger National Park
- Night safari in Kruger National Park (optional)
- Morning safari in Kruger National Park
- Self-drive to the next destination in Kruger National Park
- Walking safari in Kruger National Park (optional)
- At leisure in Kruger National Park
- Self-drive from Kruger National Park to Sabi Sands
- Afternoon safari in Sabi Sands
- Safari in Sabi Sands
- At leisure in Sabi Sands
- Morning safari in Sabi Sands
- Self-drive from Sabi Sands to Hazyview
- Afternoon at leisure in Hazyview
- Self-drive journey through the Panorama Route
- At leisure in Hazyview
- Self-drive from Hazyview to Johannesburg Airport
Weather tendencies in South Africa vary considerably by region. Visitors to Cape Town will wish to avoid May to July, the wet winter months, and target August to October, when the spectacular flowers of Namaqualand bloom. Beach lovers can visit Durban or the KwaZulu-Natal region year-round (quieter in winter), but game watchers may prefer a winter visit when minimal rainfall draws animals to watering holes, making for excellent viewing.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company,... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few t... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customer... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your de... show more