This fantastic self-drive tour takes you on a journey through the best destinations of the Cape and Garden Route. With a variety of adventurous activities, you will be exhilarated every day and go to bed excited for tomorrow! After an intimate stay in Cape Town, South Africa’s ‘Mother City’, you will go in search of whales, the Big 5, enjoy hikes in stunning locations and discover underground caves. Read on and you will see why this tour will leave you with memories of a lifetime.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Self-drive from Cape Town Airport to your guest house
- At leisure in Cape Town
- Visit Robben Island
- Explore the V & A Waterfront
- Ascend Table Mountain
- Explore Kirstenbosch National Botanic Gardens
- Self-drive tour of the Cape of Good Hope, with a visit to Klein Constantia Wine Farms
- Self-drive from Cape Town to Hermanus
- At leisure in Hermanus
- Optional activities in Hermanus
- Self-drive from Hermanus to Oudtshoorn
- Afternoon game drive at Buffelsdrift Game Lodge
- Visit to the Cango Caves and an Ostrich farm
- Elephant interaction at Buffelsdrift Game Lodge
- Morning safari at Buffelsdrift Game Lodge
- Self-drive from Oudtshoorn to Knysna
- At leisure in Knysna
- Boat trip on the Knysna Lagoon
- Self-drive from Knysna to Tsitsikamma Forest
- Walk to the 'Big Tree' in Tsitsikamma Forest
- At leisure in Tsitsikamma Forest
- Self-drive from Tsitsikamma Forest to Addo Elephant National Park
- Self-drive safari in Addo Elephant National Park
- At leisure in Addo Elephant National Park
- Night drive in Addo Elephant National Park (optional)
- Guided morning safari in Addo Elephant National Park (optional)
- Self-drive from Addo Elephant National Park to Port Elizabeth Airport
- Flight from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town
Weather tendencies in South Africa vary considerably by region. Visitors to Cape Town will wish to avoid May to July, the wet winter months, and target August to October, when the spectacular flowers of Namaqualand bloom. Beach lovers can visit Durban or the KwaZulu-Natal region year-round (quieter in winter), but game watchers may prefer a winter visit when minimal rainfall draws animals to watering holes, making for excellent viewing.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company,... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few t... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customer... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your de... show more