Experience a fantastic mix of beach scenery and bush activities, on this incredible self-drive tour through the Elephant Coast; one of the most diverse regions in South Africa. You'll stay in a variety of boutique, intimate and luxurious accommodations, many of which include all meals. With days spent in Mkhuze Game Reserve, Kosi Bay Nature Reserve, Tembe Elephant Park, St Lucia, and Manyoni Private Game Reserve, you'll enjoy a varied and balanced schedule of safari, relaxing by the beach, boat cruises, snorkelling and interaction with elephants.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Johannesburg airport to guest house
- At leisure in Johannesburg after your flight
- Transfer from guest house to Johannesburg Airport
- Flight from Johannesburg to Richards Bay
- Self-drive from Richards Bay to Mkuze
- Afternoon scenic drive in the Lebombo Mountains
- Boat cruise on Lake Jozini
- Back, neck and shoulder massage at the Ghost Mountain Spa
- Afternoon safari in Mkhuze Game Reserve
- Self-drive from Mkuze to Kosi Bay
- Guided Raffia Palm Forest Walk
- Snorkelling in Kosi Bay estuary
- Canoeing on the Kosi Lake System
- Self-drive from Kosi Bay to Tembe Elephant Park
- Afternoon safari in Tembe Elephant Park
- At leisure in Tembe Elephant Park
- Morning safari in Tembe Elephant Park
- Self-drive from Tembe Elephant Park to St. Lucia
- At leisure in St. Lucia
- Morning at leisure in St. Lucia
- Boat cruise on the St. Lucia estuary
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park safari
- Self-drive from St. Lucia to Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- Elephant Interaction at Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- Afternoon game drive in Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- Safari in Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- At leisure in Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- Morning safari in Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- Self-drive from Manyoni Private Game Reserve to Richards Bay Airport
- Flight from Richards Bay to Johannesburg
Weather tendencies in South Africa vary considerably by region. Visitors to Cape Town will wish to avoid May to July, the wet winter months, and target August to October, when the spectacular flowers of Namaqualand bloom. Beach lovers can visit Durban or the KwaZulu-Natal region year-round (quieter in winter), but game watchers may prefer a winter visit when minimal rainfall draws animals to watering holes, making for excellent viewing.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more