This arts and crafts tour is an apt introduction to the unrivalled craftsmanship of North India. We take you to rural India where arts and crafts exist in their original form and offer you interactive sessions with the artists, artisans, craftsmen and weavers. They will share their stories, skills and offer you an unprecedented insight into rural Indian life. We also take you to explore the vibrant and colourful bazaars brimming with local crafts.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival transfer from Delhi airport to your hotel
- Tour of Jama Mosque followed by a rickshaw ride and heritage walk in Old Delhi, including visit to Spice Market
- Tour of New Delhi - Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar and Lutyens's Buildings
- Visit Crafts Museum in Delhi
- Tour of Delhi Haat - An artisans marketplace
- Transfer from Delhi to Agra
- Tour of Taj Mahal - the monument of love
- Visit Marble In-lay Workshop
- Transfer from Agra to Jaipur
- En route, visit the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Tour of Amber Fort
- Tour of City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal
- Blue Pottery workshop in Jaipur
- Block printing workshop in Bagru/Sanganer
- Afternoon at leisure in Jaipur
- Transfer from Jaipur to Jodhpur
- At leisure in Jodhpur or explore on your own
- Tour of Jodhpur - Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada and Clock Tower Market Area
- Visit a Durry (carpet) weaving unit
- Transfer from Jodhpur to Udaipur
- En route visit the temples at Ranakpur
- Tour of Udaipur - City Palace, Jagdish Temple and Sahelion ki Badi
- At leisure in Udaipur on explore on your own
- Transfer from Udaipur hotel to airport
- Arrive Delhi and connect to your international flight
Considering the vast and varied landmass, it comes as no surprise that India's climate is complex. If you prefer to avoid extremes of heat and rainfall, it's best to aim for the cooler, drier months of October through to March. However, if a trip to either of the country's extremities appeals, take note: For the southern states, the retreating monsoon (October to December) is a consideration. Here, you find the most appealing climate between November and February. For reliable trekking weather in the Himalayas 1000km to the north, peak season is October, November and then March and April.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more