Explore the marvels of South India in this comprehensive trip. Start with the city of Chennai (formerly Madras), continue to the French town of Pondicherry, before you enter the hinterlands of Tamil culture with its majestic temples. Enter Kerala through the tea and spice hills of Munnar and Thekaddy before cruising on the backwaters and finally finishing in the port city of Cochin.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival transfer from Chennai airport to your hotel
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Chennai
- Transfer from Chennai to Pondicherry
- En route visit the Shore Temples of Mahabalipuram
- Tour of the lovely town of Pondicherry
- Transfer from Pondicherry to Tanjore
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Tanjore
- Transfer from Tanjore to Madurai
- Visit Meenakshi Temple for evening ceremony
- Transfer from Madurai to Munnar
- At leisure in Munnar or explore on your own
- Enjoy a tour of the tea region of Munnar
- Transfer from Munnar to Thekaddy
- At leisure in Thekaddy or explore with our car and driver at disposal
- Enjoy spice plantation walk with a naturalist
- Transfer from Thekaddy to Alleppey
- Board your houseboat for an overnight cruise
- Transfer from Alleppey to Cochin
- Witness a spectacular Kathakali dance performance
- Enjoy a tour of Cochin
- Transfer from Cochin to the airport.
Considering the vast and varied landmass, it comes as no surprise that India's climate is complex. If you prefer to avoid extremes of heat and rainfall, it's best to aim for the cooler, drier months of October through to March. However, if a trip to either of the country's extremities appeals, take note: For the southern states, the retreating monsoon (October to December) is a consideration. Here, you find the most appealing climate between November and February. For reliable trekking weather in the Himalayas 1000km to the north, peak season is October, November and then March and April.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more