A great trip for those looking for a slightly more active and off the beaten track trip. You'll stay in some unique, memorable and charming properties to make for an all round memorable trip. Start with the Mud House, where you experience rural life in Sri Lanka. Spot leopard, elephant and other flora and fauna in the lesser visited Wilpattu National Park. Learn about Sri Lanka's pre-colonial history and culture in the cultural triangle and try some trekking in Knuckles Mountains; ascend Adam's peak in time for a spectacular sunrise. You could easily extend the trip further by finishing with a few days at the coast to relax and recover from your exertions.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Colombo International Airport to Negombo
- Transfer from Negombo to Anamaduwa
- Cycling trip to Paramakanda Temple
- Village cycling trip at the Mudhouse
- Cook a Sri Lankan meal
- Kayaking on the lake
- Transfer from Anamaduwa to Wilpattu
- Afternoon safari in Wilpattu National Park
- Morning safari in Wilpattu National Park
- A second afternoon's safari in Wilpattu National Park
- A second morning's safari in Wilpattu National Park
- Transfer from Wilpattu to Sigiriya
- Night walk in Back of Beyond Pidurangala Eco Lodge
- Explore typical Sri Lankan villages by bicycle
- Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Visit Polonnaruwa
- Afternoon safari in Minneriya National Park
- Visit Dambulla cave temple
- Transfer from Dambulla to Kandy
- The Temple of the Tooth
- Transfer from Kandy to Welikanda
- Relax at Welikande Villas
- Meemure village trekking trip
- Transfer from Knuckles Mountains to Hatton
- Adam's Peak climb
- Descend to the foothills of Adam's Peak
- Transfer from Hatton to Negombo
- Transfer from Negombo to Colombo International Airport
Sri Lanka’s location close to the equator ensures that you can rely on year-round warmth, but the monsoons complicate the picture as they affect different parts of the island at different times. Locals claim that the sun is always shining somewhere on the island, but for reliably settled weather without excessive humidity the best time to visit is between December and March.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more