For one life-affirming trip soaking in some of Sri Lanka's most alluring highlights, this itinerary offers as much nature, beauty and diversity as you can pack into one week. Spot cheetahs and elephants in Minneriya and Yala, absorb the uplifting Kandy atmosphere, take a bicycle through colonial villages, and trek in the stunning Horton Plains.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival in Colombo International Airport and meet with our representative
- Transfer from Colombo International Airport to Negombo
- Transfer from Negombo to Sigiriya
- Afternoon safari in Minneriya National Park
- Explore typical Sri Lankan villages by bicycle
- Visit Polonnaruwa
- Dambulla cave temple
- Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Transfer from Sigiriya to Kandy
- The Temple of the Tooth
- Transfer from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- Horton Plains trekking
- Transfer from Nuwara Eliya to Yala
- Afternoon safari in Yala National Park
- Transfer from Yala to Galle
- Explore the historical Galle Fort
- Transfer from Galle to Colombo International Airport
- See you soon, have a safe flight back home
Sri Lanka’s location close to the equator ensures that you can rely on year-round warmth, but the monsoons complicate the picture as they affect different parts of the island at different times. Locals claim that the sun is always shining somewhere on the island, but for reliably settled weather without excessive humidity the best time to visit is between December and March.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more