A slower paced trip that shows you the variety that Sri Lanka has to offer, at a relaxed pace. Stay in some charming, smaller properties, and experience our country beyond the crowds. Do some gentle cycling to explore the countryside, see whales if you're here at the right time of year, and get an authentic experience of Yala by staying in comfortable safari-style tents - and much more!
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Colombo International Airport to Kuliyapitiya
- Relax at Horathapola Coconut Estate
- A second day relaxing at Horathapola Estate
- Transfer from Kuliyapitiya to Dambulla
- Visit Dambulla cave temple
- Explore typical Sri Lankan villages by bicycle
- Leisure time at Kalundewa Retreat
- Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Visit Polonnaruwa
- Transfer from Dambulla to Kandy
- The Temple of the Tooth
- Scenic train journey from Kandy to Ella
- Full day to relax at the hotel or walk in the tea estate
- Horton Plains trekking
- Leisure at 98 Acre Resort Ella
- Transfer from Ella to Yala
- Afternoon safari in Yala National Park
- Full day safari in Yala National Park
- Transfer from Yala to Tangalle
- Relax in Tangalle
- Turtle watching in Tangalle
- Transfer from Tangalle to Mirissa
- Whale watching off Mirissa
- Canoeing in Rekawa Lagoon
- Transfer from Tangalle to Galle
- Explore the historical Galle Fort
- Transfer from Galle to Colombo
- Transfer from Colombo to Colombo International Airport
Sri Lanka’s location close to the equator ensures that you can rely on year-round warmth, but the monsoons complicate the picture as they affect different parts of the island at different times. Locals claim that the sun is always shining somewhere on the island, but for reliably settled weather without excessive humidity the best time to visit is between December and March.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more