This self-drive program covers some of Malaysia’s most famous attractions, strung together in a wonderful journey which takes you from historical places through to modern cityscapes and beautiful islands. Malacca & Penang are both UNESCO listed heritage cities. Langkawi is the gem here for its laid-back tropical island lifestyle. Then you have Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands and the million-year-old forest, Taman Negara. All and all, it is a great holiday tour that captures the essence of this diverse country.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Kuala Lumpur airport to hotel in Malacca
- At leisure in Malacca
- Transfer from Malacca to Kuala Lumpur
- At leisure in Kuala Lumpur
- Further time at leisure in Kuala Lumpur
- Self-drive: From Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara
- Taman Negara excursion
- Self-drive: From Taman Negara to Cameron Highlands
- Self-drive: From Cameron Highlands to Penang
- Self-drive recommendation - Ipoh
- Self-drive - At leisure in Penang
- Self-drive recommendation - Penang
- Transfer from Penang Hotel to Jetty
- Transfer from Penang to Langkawi by ferry
- Transfer from Langkawi Jetty to your hotel
- At leisure in Langkawi
- Further time at leisure in Langkawi
- Transfer from Langkawi to the airport
Temperatures throughout Malaysia remain dependably warm all year round, generally topping 30 degrees during the day with similarly consistent levels of humidity. Rain is also a fairly constant companion across the seasons, but showers give way to more prolonged downpours during the wet season. The east coast of peninsular Malaysia is likely to be wettest between December and February, whereas in the west of the peninsula the wettest months are September and October. If good weather is a priority, visit between March and October for the most settled conditions across the whole country.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more