A complete tour of Borneo to see all the major attractions and highlights. Experience the fast paced energy and interesting history of Kuching, and learn about the traditions of the longhouse village communities deep in the Iban country. Marvel at the country's geological wonders in Mulu National Park with a tour of the bat infested Deer and Lang Caves and the breathtaking Wind and Clearwater caves. Kota Kinabalu gives you a taste of the country's coastal riches, including idyllic beaches and delicious seafood. Witness rare and exotic wildlife in the renowned heritage site of Kinabalu National Park and the wondrous Kinabatangan River, home to unique flora and fauna. A trip to Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre and the Sepilok Orang Utan Centre brings you face to face with two of the most beautiful, endangered creatures in the world: the Sun Bear and the orangutan. This unforgettable tour is an exploration into the history, culture and natural world of Borneo, allowing you to get under the skin of this beautiful country.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Kuching International Airport to Kuching city
- City tour of Kuching
- Kuching to Batang Ai
- Iban country
- Transfer from Batang Ai to Kuching
- Domestic flight from Kuching to Mulu
- In Mulu, afternoon plank walk to Deer & Lang caves
- In Mulu, half day tour to Wind & Clearwater caves
- Domestic flight from Mulu to Kota Kinabalu
- Transfer from Kota Kinabalu airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Kota Kinabalu
- Visit Kinabalu National Park
- Transfer from Kota Kinabalu to the airport
- Domestic flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan
- Transfer from Sandakan Airport to Sepilok
- Visit Sepilok Orangutan Centre
- Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Transfer from Sepilok to the Kinabatangan River
- Abai - Kinabatangan River
- Boat transfer from Abai to Sukau
- Last morning on the Kinabatangan River
- Transfer from Kinabatangan River to Sandakan airport
Temperatures throughout Borneo remain dependably warm all year round, generally topping 30 degrees during the day with similarly consistent levels of humidity. Rain is also a reliable companion across the seasons, but short sharp showers give way to more prolonged downpours during the wet season. The western part of Sarawak is likely to be wettest between December and February, whereas in Sabah the wettest months are September and October. But this is an island used to the rain, and your plans are unlikely to be disrupted because of it.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more