The Noto Peninsula on the Japan Sea coast of Ishikawa Prefecture offers some of the most beautiful and unspoiled scenery in Japan. See it for yourself on this enlightening week-long tour which includes fantastic coastal bike-riding. Home to the country's finest seafood, the peninsula is known for its breathtaking coastline and abundant nature. Cycling village-to-village makes for an alternative and memorable way to explore an often overlooked part of Japan. You will also visit the exquisite castle town of Kanazawa as part of the tour.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Meet in Kyoto for cycling orientation session
- Travel from Kyoto to Kanazawa by train (Self-guided) (P2P)
- Welcome to Kanazawa
- Visit Kanazawa Castle (Self-guided)
- See Kenrokuen Garden (Self-guided)
- Travel from Kanazawa to Houdatsu by train (Self-guided) (P2P)
- Cycle the rugged coastline from Houdatsu to Togi
- Cycle through villages from Togi to Wajima
- Take a cycling daytrip from Wajima to Osawacho
- Cycling past scenic views Wajima to Suzushi
- Cycling tour - Suzushi to Notojima island
- Cycle from Noto Island to enjoy a day in Wakura Onsen
- Travel from Wakura Onsen to Kyoto by train via Kanazawa (Self-guided) (P2P)
The Spring months of March, April and May are generally considered the best for visiting Japan, both in terms of climate and the arrival of its famed pink sakura (cherry blossoms). Another fine time to visit is Autumn, specifically October and November, which is when the landscape is on fire with the colourful leaves turning on the maple trees. Anybody intending to make use of Japan's legendary snow sports infrastructure should obviously plan a visit during the winter ski season: December to February. Bear in mind that Japan's latitudinal range means that the climate is not consistent all over the country, but the flipside is that you can usually find good weather somewhere at any time of year.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more