This trip brings you as close as possible to Laotian people and culture, but also explores the little known Bolaven Plateau in the country's remote Southeast - all with a local photographer as your guide to ensure you get the best shots. You will see the world heritage site of Luang Prabang - an incredible ensemble of historic buildings strung out along the sleepy Mekong, as well as the laidback capital of Vientiane, before heading for Coffee Country in the Bolaven region. This stunning part of Laos has many waterfalls and local villages, seldom visited or photographed.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Luang Prabang airport to your hotel
- Half day tour of Luang Prabang
- Baci ceremony
- Visit Kuang Si waterfalls and Asian Black Bear Centre
- Half day Luang Prabang tour without Heritage House
- Sunset at Vat Pra Bat Thai.
- Almsgiving in Luang Prabang, followed by morning market
- Pak Ou caves & Vat Xieng Thong
- Ock Pop Tok Dyeing Session
- Half day bike tour of Luang Prabang, and meet the director of TAEC
- An Initiation to stencil making.
- Transfer overland Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng
- Half day biking to Phou Kham
- Transfer overland Vang Vieng - Vientiane
- Vientiane half day tour
- Tha Ngon - Boat cruise lunch
- COPE Centre
- Half day « Vientiane back streets and paths » bicycle experience
- Buddha Park
- Herbal steam bath and sauna
- Full day Vientiane Orchid Trek
- Transfer from Hotel to the airport
- The Bolaven Plateau
- Drive to Vat Phou
- Vat Phou visit
- Ban Nong Bune & Ban Phonsaat
- Transfer from Champasak to 4,000 Islands
- Slow boat to 4000 Islands, visit Don Det & Don Khone
- Khone Phapeng Waterfall
- Transfer to Ubon Airport
Laos is a year-round destination where the main factor to consider is wet versus dry season. Temperatures are generally balmy all year with heat and humidity the norm. The slightly cooler dry season runs through November to January, and offers settled fine weather and the busiest period for tourism. The rest of the year sees more rainfall, which could in theory be disruptive to travel at times, but is considered the better season for river adventures as the waterways will be in full flow and the scenery at its most vigorous. Obviously some mountain areas will feel markedly cooler than the lowlands depending on your elevation.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more