Focused on families, this trip gives you the chance to explore the Laotian capital of Vientiane, then overland to a wonderful elephant sanctuary (Sayabuli) and the charming UNESCO World Heritage city of Luang Prabang. On the way, learn about Laotian cuisine, learn about elephant conservation and visit a local NGO.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Vientiane airport to your hotel
- Buddha Park & Parad'Ice
- COPE Centre
- Vientiane half day tour
- Transfer from Vientiane to Tha Ngon
- Tha Ngon - Boat cruise lunch
- Orchid Farm
- Half day tuk tuk safari in Vientiane (Panjanivej Farm)
- Lao cuisine in the backstreets of Vientiane
- Transfer from Vientiane to Sayabuli
- Highway 11 along the Mekong River to Sayabuli
- Elephant Conservation Centre - Day 1
- Elephant Conservation Centre - Day 2
- Transfer from Sayabuli to Luang Prabang
- Dinner at Mango Tree in Luang Prabang
- Luang Prabang by bicycle
- Phousi and Night Market
- Garavek story telling
- Almsgiving in Luang Prabang, followed by morning market
- Pak Ou caves & Vat Xieng Thong
- Ock Pop Tok Dyeing Session
- Fruit carving
- Visit Kuang Si waterfalls and Asian Black Bear Centre
- Baci ceremony
- Visit a local recycling NGO
- Transfer from hotel in Luang Prabang to Airport
Laos is a year-round destination where the main factor to consider is wet versus dry season. Temperatures are generally balmy all year with heat and humidity the norm. The slightly cooler dry season runs through November to January, and offers settled fine weather and the busiest period for tourism. The rest of the year sees more rainfall, which could in theory be disruptive to travel at times, but is considered the better season for river adventures as the waterways will be in full flow and the scenery at its most vigorous. Obviously some mountain areas will feel markedly cooler than the lowlands depending on your elevation.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more