See the best that Laos has to offer with this classic nine day trip. Discover the charm of Luang Prabang, our former royal capital, and enjoy the distinctiveness of our new capital (for the last 450 years), Vientiane. Take in the beautiful landscapes of Vang Vieng and the surrounding area, visit some hill tribes en-route to Luang Prabang.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Vientiane airport to your hotel
- Half day city tour in Vientiane
- Half day tuk tuk safari in Vientiane (Panjanivej Farm)
- Lao cuisine in the backstreets of Vientiane
- Transfer from Vientiane to Vang Vieng
- Explore Vang Vieng by classic bicycle
- Blue Lagoon (Tham Phou Kham cave)
- Transfer from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang
- Hill tribes visit en route to Luang Prabang from Vang Vieng
- Half day tour of Luang Prabang
- Luang Prabang by bicycle
- Garavek story telling
- Almsgiving in Luang Prabang, followed by morning market
- Pak Ou caves & Vat Xieng Thong
- Visit Kuang Si waterfalls and Asian Black Bear Centre
- Baci ceremony
- Biking in Chomphet
- Transfer from Luang Prabang to the airport
Laos is a year-round destination where the main factor to consider is wet versus dry season. Temperatures are generally balmy all year with heat and humidity the norm. The slightly cooler dry season runs through November to January, and offers settled fine weather and the busiest period for tourism. The rest of the year sees more rainfall, which could in theory be disruptive to travel at times, but is considered the better season for river adventures as the waterways will be in full flow and the scenery at its most vigorous. Obviously some mountain areas will feel markedly cooler than the lowlands depending on your elevation.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more