If you like slow travel and are happy with basic to moderate comfort, then this is a perfect itinerary for you. It offers the perfect contrast with hectic Western life-styles and, in our opinion, is the best way to experience Africa. In a little quiet village like Atsiekpoe, something interesting is happening every moment and with this trip, you have time to be part of it. Other highlights include walks that let you breathe in the surrounding nature, craftsmen you will meet and the items you will make yourself such batik and beads.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Kotoka International Airport to your hotel in the greener outskirts of Accra
- At leisure in Accra
- Visit to the historical town Dodowa
- Visit a traditional glass beads workshop and make your own beads
- Transfer from Accra to Atsiekpoe
- Visit to the Ewe village of Atsiekpoe
- A full day Village Life Experience in Atsiekpoe
- Transfer from Atsiekpoe to Amedzofe
- Visit Kpetoe, the Kente Weaving Village
- Hike from Biakpa to Mount Gemi and Amedzofe
- Descend by foot from Amedzofe to Fume
- Transfer from Amedzofe to Liate Wote
- Leisure time at Liate Wote
- Spend the day in Liate Wote
- Transfer from Liate Wote to Atimpoku
- Visit the Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary
- Visit Akosombo Dam
- Leisure time at the Volta riverbank
- Transfer from Atimpoku to Cape Coast and Elmina
- Visit Cape Coast Castle and Museum
- Leisure time at the beach
- Visit Elmina township
- Make your own batik cloth
- Visit Kakum National Park
- Leisure time at the beach
- Transfer from Cape Coast and Elmina to Kotoka International Airport
Temperatures in Ghana are hot and stable year-round, with average daily highs of around 28°C and lows of 21°C. The wettest periods are from April to June and September to November, which can hamper some travel plans, but this depends where you wish to go. Tourism peaks in the south of Ghana in the dry and slightly cooler months of July and August. Visitors in December, January, February and March can expect to find comparatively dry (if humid) weather and less crowds.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more