Uzbekistan is a varied and interesting country - much more so than you might realise. If you have time we would really recommend this itinerary as a way to really explore off the beaten track. So we visit not only Bukhara, Samarkand and Khiva but also the Aral Sea, the Kyzyl Kum desert and a yurt camp near Aydardul Lake. In the major cities we will ensure you're not just following the crowd - and in the evenings we will arrange home-cooked food. In Central Asia the best food is served at home.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Tashkent airport into the city
- Explore the old town of Tashkent
- Transfer from Tashkent to the domestic airport
- Flight from Tashkent to Nukus
- Transfer from Nukus airport to your hotel
- The Savitsky Museum
- Transfer from Nukus to Khiva
- At leisure in Khiva
- An Oriental fairy tale - a walk around Khiva
- Transfer from Khiva to Bukhara
- Full day exploring fabulous Bukhara
- Delicious home-cooked meal
- Second day exploring Bukhara
- At leisure in Bukhara
- Transfer from Bukhara to Nurata
- Transfer from Nurata to Aydar yurt camp
- In the heart of the Kyzylkum desert
- Transfer from Aydar yurt camp to Sentab village
- Picnic lunch at Aydarkul Lake
- Continue on to Sentab village
- A Morning Hike in the Nurata Mountains
- Transfer from Sentab to Samarkand
- At leisure in Samarkand
- Glorious Samarkand
- Delicious food and Uzbek hospitality
- Paper-making workshop in Konigil village
- Afrosiab ancient town and famous Ulugbek’s observatory
- Day trip to Shakhrisabz
- Transfer to railway station in Samarkand
- Train from Samarkand to Tashkent
- Transfer from Tashkent train station to your hotel
- Transfer from Tashkent to the International airport
Spring and Autumn are climatically the best times to visit, while June and September are hotter but manageable, and July and August are sizzling with temperatures into the forties. November to March is a very quiet time for visitors, though the weather is generally quite mild in winter. For low season rates and crowd-free photography, consider January or February.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more