The Druk Path trip is rightly one of Bhutan's more popular hikes- passing through gorgeous natural landscape of blue pine forests, high ridges and pristine lakes while at the same time offering the opportunity to visit some ancient lhakhangs, dzongs and villages. Distances between rest camps are fairly short, and the trail takes you through forests of fir, blue pine and dwarf rhododendrons at altitudes ranging between 2400-4200m. The trek also allows time in Thimpu and Paro.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival transfer from Paro airport to hotel in Paro
- Rinpung Dzong (Paro Dzong) fortress
- Ta Dzong - Paro
- Tiger's Nest Temple - Taktshang Hike whole
- Drukgyel Dzong
- Kyichu Lhakhang
- Paro to Jili Dzong trek
- Jili Dzong to Jangchulakha trek
- Jangchulakha to Jimilangtsho Lake trek
- Jimgelang Tsho to Labana/Phajoding trek
- Trek from Labana/Phajoding to Thimphu, where our trek ends
- Tashichho Dzong
- Memorial Chorten
- Buddha viewpoint
- Changangkha Lhakhang
- School of Arts and Crafts
- Thimphu weekend market
- Transfer from Thimphu to Punakha
- Dochu-La pass
- Lamperi botanical gardens
- Chimi Lhakhang Hike
- Transfer from Punakha to Phobjikha (Gangtey)
- Gangtey Goemba
- Gangtey Nature Trail
- Transfer from Phobjikha (Gangtey) to Paro
- Outdoor activities around Paro
- Departure from Bhutan - transfer from hotel in Paro to Paro airport.
March to May and September to November are considered the best times to visit Bhutan, and many of the most popular cultural festivals take place during these months. Spring visitors will be able to experience the swathes of wild rhododendrons blooming along mountain trails, whereas autumn tends to yield the clearest views of the Himalaya. Summer brings more heat but also more rain, and cloudier skies obscure the dramatic scenery. Whenever you visit, your itinerary is likely to be varied and include some time at higher altitudes, so pack for every eventuality.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more