This is the trip for you if you only have time to take in Cambodia's highlights. Phnom Penh is a surprisingly attractive, low rise city (though it's changing), while Angkor is of course one of the world's most impressive monuments - you need at least three nights to experience it fully. In between spend a night in Kompong Thom for a taste of the Cambodian countryside, as well as a visit to the pre-Angkorian capital Sambor Prei Kuk - a good way to 'build up' to Angkor.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.
- Transfer from Phnom Penh airport to your hotel
- Phnom Penh Royal Palace and National Museum
- Tuol Sleng and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Transfer from Phnom Penh to Kompong Thom
- Visit Sambor Prei Kuk
- Private transfer from Kompong Thom to Siem Reap via Kompong Kdei bridge
- Visit Kompong Khleang floating village
- Visit Kbal Spean
- Visit Banteay Srei temple
- Golden Silk farm NGO visit
- Landmine museum
- Visit to Ta Prohm temple
- Breakfast at Sala Kdei Khmer house
- Cycling from Ta Nei to Preah Khan temples
- Angkor Wat sunrise tour
- Visit Angkor Thom & Bayon
- Transfer from Siem Reap to the airport
If you’re looking to dodge the rain, November to February is a prime time to visit: despite being the ‘cool’ season, it is still sunbathing weather. If visiting in hot season (from March-May) temperatures can be a toasty 33-35 degrees, so consider heading to the coast to cool off. The heavens open from June-October for the rainy season, which can prove problematic for travelling around the country’s rural roads, but if you don’t mind the daily downpours the monsoon season means there are far fewer tourists and you get to see the jungle blossom into life.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more