A "classic" trip with a difference, this itinerary takes you to some of Mynamar's 'must sees' - places like Mandalay, Inle Lake and Bagan. The twist comes with what you do in each place - as well as seeing our most beautiful and famous temples and buildings, we'll also give you experiences of everyday life in Myanmar.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Yangon International airport to your hotel
- The Ghosts of Yangon - a tour of notable Burmese tombs
- Bogyoke Aung San Museum
- Visit the Shwedagon Pagoda
- Local life – rural Dala by trishaw
- Transfer from Yangon to the international airport
- Flight from Yangon to Heho
- Transfer from Heho airport to your hotel near Inle Lake
- The sacred Buddha statues of Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda
- Lunch at local house of five sisters
- Inpawkhon weaving village
- Inn Dain
- Transfer from Inle Lake to Heho airport
- Flight from Heho to Mandalay
- Explore Amarapura & U Bein Bridge (optional rowboat ride)
- Taung Pyone Village
- Train ride from Taung Pyong Village to Thaye Zay station
- Yankin Hill & Yaykyi Village
- Visit the Golden Palace Monastery, Kuthodaw & Mandalay Hill
- Transfer from Mandalay to the airport
- Flight from Mandalay to Bagan
- Transfer from Bagan airport to your hotel
- Explore the stalls at Nyaung U Market
- Get a taste of local life at Taung Bi Village
- Chauk Market & surroundings
- Sunset cruise over Ayeyarwaddy River
- At leisure in Bagan
- Transfer from Bagan to the airport
- Flight from Bagan to Yangon
From mid-October to late February the weather is dry, warm and pleasant. However temperatures start to really shoot up in March and April, which can be uncomfortable if you are not used to the tropics. The southwest monsoon dominates from May to October, with coastal areas in particular seeing heavy rainfall for much of this period. On the plus side the whole country and its sights are quiet – no availability issues, traffic isn’t so bad and prices are softer.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more