If you are a more active traveller and love outdoor activities then this trip is for you. With kayaking, rafting, ziplining, as well as hiking, you'll explore Costa Rica, it's nature and landscapes in a fun and memorable way. You'll also get the chance to try surfing and snorkelling on the coast - or just relax on the beach if you prefer!
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.
- Meet our team for a trip briefing
- Shared transfer from Juan Santamaría airport to San José
- At leisure in San José before your trip
- Shared transfer from San José to Tortuguero
- Guided visit to Tortuguero Village
- Guided kayak tour through Tortuguero National Park
- Boat tour through the canals of Tortuguero National Park
- Transfer from Tortuguero to Guápiles
- Rafting trip to Pacuare Eco Lodge
- Rafting trip on the Pacuare River
- Shared transfer from Guapiles to Cahuita
- Snorkeling and hiking in Cahuita National Park
- Surf lessons at Samara Beach
- Transfer from Cahuita to La Fortuna by shuttle bus
- Transfer from Arenal to Monteverde by jeep and boat
- Hike through Arenal National Park
- Visit to the natural hotsprings of Arenal
- Full day of adventure in the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Transfer from Monteverde to the beaches of Samara
- Surf lesson at Samara Beach
- Relax at Samara beach
- Shared transfer from Samara to San José
- Shared transfer from San José to the international airport
Costa Rica is at its driest from December to April on its Pacific coast, and during September and October on the Caribbean side, and these are the most popular times of year to visit. However, don't rule out travel in the rainy or 'green' season- most days just see a prolonged shower in the afternoon, and there are far fewer visitors. If you're coming for Costa Rica’s wildlife - which most people are - you're advised to avoid the heavy rainfall of September and October, or stick to the Caribbean side where it is drier. Bear in mind too that being a tropical country, you could see rain at any time of year in Costa Rica, even in the dry season.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more