Get under the skin of China's fascinating centuries-old culture with this alternative tour. Discover its unprecedentedly rich history and explore the splendour of its rural countryside. Relax in the romantic coastal town of Xiamen. Stay with a Hakka family in a traditional earthen roundhouse. Trek through Wuyi Mountains and taste its ancient oolong tea. Bamboo-raft down Nine Curves River. Explore the whitewashed, black-tiled homes of feng shui villages in Huangshan, and climb the crooked, supernatural peaks of Yellow Mountain, poking through the ethereal cloud sea. Be swamped by the enormous metropolis of Shanghai, and discover its Ming era gardens, Buddhist monasteries and colonial architecture.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Shenzhen airport to railway station
- High speed bullet train from Shenzhen to Xiamen
- Rail station pick up service in Xiamen
- At leisure in Xiamen
- Private transfer from Xiamen to Yongding
- Explore the tulou at Nanjing Village
- Private transfer from Nanjing Village to Shuyang Village
- Guided tulou exploration around Hongkeng village
- Private transfer from Hongkeng to Xiamen
- Rail station drop off service in Xiamen
- High speed bullet train from Xiamen to Wuyishan
- Visit Wuyi Mountains
- Bamboo raft down Nine Bend River
- Explore the ancient Dahongpao mother tree and Water Curtain Cave
- Taste Wuyi tea at a local farmer's house
- Visit Xiamei Village
- Rail station drop off service in Wuyishan
- High speed bullet train from Wuyishan to Huangshan
- Visit Hu Kaiwen ink stick factory
- Explore Tunxi district
- Explore Huangshan Mountain
- Private transfer from Huangshan to Hongcun village
- Visit Hongcun village
- Hike to Tachuan and Xieli villages
- Transfer from Xieli to Xidi village
- Visit Wan'an Luopan Museum
- Private transfer from Wan'an to Huangshan City
- Rail station drop off service in Huangshan
- High speed bullet train from Huangshan to Shanghai
- Rail station pick up service in Shanghai
- Visit Yu Yuan Gardens and neighbouring bazaar
- Look around Jade Buddha Temple
- View Shanghai's skyline from the Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- Wander along the Bund
- Transfer from Shanghai to the airport
The sheer size of China means that climatically it is hard to pin down, and that ideal times to visit will differ depending on which areas you intend to see. It is often wise to travel outside the extremes of temperature brought by summer and winter, as large areas of China suffer both harsh winters and stiflingly hot summers. Check the dates of Chinese New Year – an exciting and festive time to visit, but also very busy.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more