Ideal for first time visitors to China, this varied trip takes you to the heart of Imperial China - Beijing and Xian, with the Forbidden City, Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors, as well as giving you a taste of Yunnan province in China's west - the foothills of the Himalayas, known for it's pretty scenery and colourful cultures.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Beijing airport to your hotel
- Watch locals practice t'ai chi at the Temple of Heaven
- Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Panoramic view over the Forbidden City from Jingshan (Coal Hill)
- Trip to Mutianyu Great Wall
- Stroll around the Summer Palace
- Walk through the hutongs to see the real life of Beijingers (pedicab is included)
- High speed bullet train from Beijing to Xi’an
- Rail station pick up service in Xi’an
- Visit Qin Shi Huang's Terracotta Army
- Dumpling making lesson
- Enjoy a dumpling banquet for dinner
- Visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda and Xi’an Museum
- Explore Xi'an's Great Mosque and Muslim quarter
- Transfer from Xi'an to the airport
- Fly from Xi'an to Lijiang
- Transfer from Lijiang airport to your hotel
- Cycle to Baisha village
- Cycle to Shuhe Old Town
- Full day at leisure in Lijiang
- Rail station drop off service in Lijiang
- Train from Lijiang to Dali
- Rail station pick up service in Dali
- Visit Dali's old town
- Explore Xizhou's morning market
- Hike through fishing villages near Erhai Lake
- Transfer from Dali to the airport
- Fly from Dali to Kunming
The sheer size of China means that climatically it is hard to pin down, and that ideal times to visit will differ depending on which areas you intend to see. It is often wise to travel outside the extremes of temperature brought by summer and winter, as large areas of China suffer both harsh winters and stiflingly hot summers. Check the dates of Chinese New Year – an exciting and festive time to visit, but also very busy.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more