A different way to see some of the highlights of China - entirely by High Speed bullet train. See Beijing, Xian, the famous Kung Fu monks of Shaolin Temple as well as the pretty karst scenery of the Guilin region and the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong - all by train. Save money vs flying, and save carbon emissions too.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Beijing airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Beijing
- Watch locals practice t'ai chi at the Temple of Heaven
- Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Panoramic view over the Forbidden City from Jingshan (Coal Hill)
- Trip to Mutianyu Great Wall
- Stroll around the Summer Palace
- Walk through the hutongs to see the real life of Beijingers (pedicab is included)
- High speed bullet train from Beijing to Xi’an
- Visit Qin Shi Huang's Terracotta Army
- Dumpling making lesson
- Enjoy a dumpling banquet for dinner
- Visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda and Xi’an Museum
- Explore Xi'an's Great Mosque and Muslim quarter
- High speed bullet train from Xi'an to Luoyang
- Rail station pick up service in Luoyang
- Visit Longmen Buddhist Grottoes
- Visit Shaolin Temple
- Rail station drop off service in Zhengzhou
- High speed bullet train from Zhengzhou to Guilin
- Rail station pick up service in Guilin
- Visit a local Guilin family
- Enjoy lunch with a local family
- Private transfer from Guilin to Yangshuo
- At leisure in Yangshuo
- Transfer from Yangshuo to Guilin
- Rail station drop off service in Guilin
- High speed bullet train from Guilin to Shenzhen
- Rail station pick up service in Shenzhen
- At leisure in Hong Kong
- At further leisure in Hong Kong
- Transfer from Hong Kong to the airport
The sheer size of China means that climatically it is hard to pin down, and that ideal times to visit will differ depending on which areas you intend to see. It is often wise to travel outside the extremes of temperature brought by summer and winter, as large areas of China suffer both harsh winters and stiflingly hot summers. Check the dates of Chinese New Year – an exciting and festive time to visit, but also very busy.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more