A Senegal river cruise will give you the chance to explore the stunning beauty of our local nature, our rich cultural traditions, as well as the history of the Senegal River. The cruise will be combined with some interesting land excursions. Note that this river cruise guarantees departures every Saturday, however there is no river cruise from June to September. The cruise starts alternatively from Saint Louis and Podor city but it keeps the same itinerary and program.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival transfer from Dakar airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Dakar
- Transfer from Dakar to Saint-Louis
- A city tour of Saint-Louis by a horse-drawn cart
- Cruise from Saint-Louis to Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary
- Visit Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary
- Cruise from Tiguet to Richard Toll
- Visit Richard Toll
- Cruise from Richard Toll to Dagana
- Visit Dagana village
- Cruise from Dagana to Thiangaye
- A visit to a Toucouleur village
- Cruise from Thiangaye to Podor
- Tour of Podor
- Transfer from Podor to Lompoul desert
- A visit to the Lompoul desert
- Transfer from Lompoul to Dakar
- A visit to the tapestry market in Thies
- Transfer from Dakar to the airport
Senegal is a truly year-round destination. Temperatures hover in the high twenties most of the year, and if you stay near the coast the heat is unlikely to become unbearable even at the hottest times of year. The only seriously wet months are July, August and September, and even during these months you can expect pleasantly warm temperatures and lush greenery. November to May is the country’s cooler and drier season: tourism peaks between November and February so try March or April for a more tranquil visit with lovely weather.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more