A trip to remember, this itinerary is perfect for those looking to experience the real Africa, interacting with local people whilst discovering wonderful landscapes. The trip will take you first to Senegal's south eastern region where you will visit the World Heritage site of Niokolo-Koba Park. Continuing the adventure you will discover Senegal’s best kept secret, the mountainous Bassari lands with their steep waterfalls and green hillsides. You will continue your trip towards the river Casamance, running across a beautiful region and offering wonderful virgin nature, landscape, beaches and islands. To top it all off you will discover some authentic African cultures.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Arrival transfer from Dakar airport to your hotel
- At leisure in Dakar
- Game drive in Bandia Park
- Transfer from Bandia Park to Tambacounda
- A boat trip on the River Gambia
- Walking tour around Tambacounda
- Transfer from Tambacounda to Kedougou
- Game drive in Niokolo-Koba National Park
- Discover the Ndindefelo Waterfalls
- Visit Bassari land
- A cycling tour of Kedougou
- Transfer from Kedougou to Tambacounda
- Transfer from Tambacounda to Kolda
- Visit Diaoube market
- Transfer from Kolda to Ziguinchor
- Ziguinchor city tour
- A cycling tour in Kolda
- Transfer from Ziguinchor to the airport
- Internal flight from Ziguinchor to Dakar
- At leisure in Dakar
- Transfer from Dakar to the airport
Senegal is a truly year-round destination. Temperatures hover in the high twenties most of the year, and if you stay near the coast the heat is unlikely to become unbearable even at the hottest times of year. The only seriously wet months are July, August and September, and even during these months you can expect pleasantly warm temperatures and lush greenery. November to May is the country’s cooler and drier season: tourism peaks between November and February so try March or April for a more tranquil visit with lovely weather.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more