Armenia is a true paradise for birdwatchers as it hosts a number of species from the Western Palaearctic birding list; many of these are “lifers” for birders. Of the 800 bird species that are recorded in Europe, 350 of these have been recorded in Armenia. On this trip you will be taken to a variety of places in the hopes that you will get to see as many of these birds as possible.
We will tailor this trip to you. Change anything - from excursions to accommodation to places visited.Create your trip
- Transfer from Yerevan Zvartnots Airport to the city
- Birdwatching around Yeghegnadzor
- Tour of Areni-1 bird's cave: Birdwatching
- Tour of Noravank: Birdwatching
- Tour of Gndasar: Birdwatching
- Transfer from Yeghegnadzor to Goris
- Discover the Karahunj Stone Circles
- Tour of Shikahogh: Birdwatching
- Transfer from Goris to Meghri
- Tour the surroundings of Meghri: Birdwatching
- Transfer from Meghri to Goris
- Birdwatching from Meghri to Goris
- Transfer from Yeghegnadzor to Sevan: Birdwatching
- Visit Mount Aragats' surroundings: Birdwatching
- Tour of Amberd
- Transfer from Yerevan to Gyumri
- Tour of Arpi lake: Birdwatching
- Transfer from Gyumri to Yerevan
- At leisure in Yerevan
- Transfer from Yerevan city to Zvartnots airport
The best times to go are April, May, June, September and October. Summers are extremely hot, with temperatures reaching up to 40 degrees celsius in the capital, Yerevan. The shoulder months also provide the best views of Mount Ararat avoiding the summer heat haze which can sometimes block visibility. Winters are unrelentingly cold, which can disrupt travel plans and render mountain hikes impossible.
Is my money safe with TravelLocal?
Yes, your money is 100% protected. In fact, we are the safest way you could book a holiday with a local travel company, ... show more
What about my international flights?
TravelLocal does not offer flights. They are almost always cheaper when you book directly with the airline - very few tr... show more
How do you find the right local travel company?
The most important thing we start with is to understand how satisfied their current and previous international customers... show more
Is TravelLocal a Fairtrade company?
We help you to cut out the middleman and to book your holiday with carefully selected local travel companies in your des... show more